Additional Resources

Other Helpful Contacts / Resources


Your Medicare Rights: Section 8 of the M&Y Handbook, or visit here:

Medicare Fact vs. Fiction:

Other Healthcare Resources:

Additional Government websites:

State Insurance Departments:

Websites designed for Seniors:

By Phone:

Social Security

Find out if you’re eligible for Medicare Part A and/or Medicare Part B and how to enroll, make changes to your Part A and/or Part B coverage, get a replacement Social Security card, report a change to your address or name, apply for Extra Help with Medicare Plan D Prescription Drug costs, ask questions about Part A and Part B premiums, and report a death. (Call: 1-800-772-1213, TTY: 1-800-325-0778; visit online at

Benefits Coordination & Recovery Center (BCRC)

Contact the BCRC to report changes in your insurance information or to let Medicare know if you have other insurance. (Call: 1-855-798-2627, TTY: 1-855-797-2627)

Beneficiary and Family Centered Care-Quality Improvement Organization (BFCC-QIO)

Contact your BFCC-QIO to ask questions or report complaints about the quality of care you got for a Medicare-covered service (and you aren’t satisfied with the way your provider has responded to your concern). You can also contact your BFCC-QIO if you think Medicare coverage for your service is ending too soon (for example, if your hospital says that you must be discharged, and you disagree). Call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227, TTY: 1-877-486-2048), available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to get the phone number of your BFCC-QIO.

Department of Defense

Get information about TRICARE for Life (TFL) (Call: 1-866-773-0404, TTY: 1-866-773-0405, Online:  and the TRICARE Pharmacy Program. (Call: 1-877-363-1303, TTY: 1-877-540-6261, Online:

Department of Veterans Affairs

Contact the VA if you’re a veteran or have served in the U.S. military and you have questions about VA benefits (Call 1-800-827-1000, TTY: 1-800-829-4833, Online:,

Office of Personnel Management

Get information about the Federal Employee Health Benefits (FEHB) Program for current and retired federal employees. Retirees: Call 1-888-767-6738, TTY: 1-800-878-5707, Online: Active federal employees: Contact your Benefits Officer (visit for a list of Benefits Officers).

Railroad Retirement Board (RRB)

If you get benefits from the RRB, call them to change your address or name, check eligibility, enroll in Medicare, replace your Medicare card, or report a death (Call: 1-877-772-5772, TTY: 1-312-751-4701, Online: